While it may surprise some, there is actually fierce competition within the jailbreak community to be fastest and best jailbreak available. The makers of TaiG have been particularly aggressive at making their solution available quicker than any others. Not only was Taig released before Pangu for IOS 8.1.1, but it’s also available for 8.2.
TaiG is not without controversy though. It is known for running an app store with pirated Chinese apps. Another key difference between TaiG and Pangu is that TaiG does not translate their website or software into English almost at all. Unless you are comfortable with reading Chinese, this makes it a little more intimidating to use for jailbreaking. Also, some people view TaiG as less reliable than Pangu.
While TaiG’s effort to be the fastest IOS 8 jailbreak could backfire if Apple chooses to patch 8.2 before it releases it to the public, TaiG is available for IOS 8.0 – 8.2 and is currently available for both Windows and Mac OS X. Previously, TaiG has been released for Windows first and then a Mac option is released later on so this is worth keeping in mind if you’re an Apple user.
It’s important to note that you must have a desktop or laptop computer. Much like with previous methods, you will want to back up your device in iTunes in case the process fails. Also, make sure to disable the “Find my Device” feature, turn off TouchID, and set your device to airplane mode. Taking these steps will give you the greatest chance of success when jailbreaking.
- First, connect your device to your computer and make sure that iTunes recognizes it. Then you will want to download TaiG and extract it to your Desktop.
- Second, open TaiG from the Desktop. If using Windows, right click and select Run as Administrator.
- A screen will come up with two boxes checked and a green button on the bottom. The first box is for Cydia (and this is marked in English) which should remain checked, but the second box (which is in Chinese) you will want to uncheck. Then click the green button on the bottom of the screen.
- Let it run until it’s complete. Once TaiG’s IOS 8 jailbreak is finished, you should see a smiley face. Your Apple device will then reboot with Cydia installed.
Here’s a video of the whole process:
- How To Jailbreak Apple TV: The Complete Guide
- How To Jailbreak Apple TV 2: The Complete Guide
- How To Jailbreak Your iPhone: A Complete Guide
- How To Jailbreak iPhone 4S / iPhone 4
- How To Jailbreak iPhone 5 / iPhone 5S / iPhone 5C
- How To Jailbreak iPhone 6 / iPhone 6 Plus
- The Apple TV 3 Jailbreak: Is It Possible Yet?